ABOUT WEmerge SYSTEMS℠
Co-founded by behavior change experts, Kyle Erickson, MS, LMFT and Alia Fitzgerald, PCC. Kyle, in response to a growing need in his practice, began exploring innovative approaches for treating social anxiety beyond the standard methods. Alia brings perspective from her experience in building and leading educational and behavior change programs. Together, Kyle and Alia partnered to create a new approach combining systemic group therapy with a structured learning experience. Discover more about the WEmerge group therapy approach, program overview and pricing, here.
In addition to group therapy, WEmerge Systems provides individual and couples therapy as well as professional coaching to support clients through thoughtful education, supportive experiences and exploring what’s possible.
WHY WEmerge SYSTEMS
The gold standard for social anxiety treatment is individual psychotherapy using a Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) approach. CBT is a well-researched, evidence-based approach that is highly effective (when it is fully adhered to).
We’ve witnessed a discouraging trend while treating teens for social anxiety, using individual therapy. They learn the skills in session but are often reluctant to follow through on the behavioral change part of treatment, involving social tasks (outside of the session) that induce the very fear they are avoiding at all costs. Without the real-world application, teens remain stuck in their social anxiety. We developed the WEmerge approach because we understand sometimes standard therapy isn’t always going to get the job done.
THE WEmerge APPROACH: HELPING TEENS SHIFT
Our 12-week group therapy program combines 3 core pillars that support participants as they apply learnings in the real-world: thoughtful education, group experience to accelerate skill-building and supported exploration to build resilience.
We’ve combined CBT with a unique application of concepts from Murray Bowen’s Family Systems Therapy to develop more effective options for decreasing anxiety, increasing more effective self-management skills in relationships, and increasing flexibility and resiliency to meet life’s challenges. Participants will practice social engagement with other group members in session, which builds a base level of confidence. They work up to the harder task of engaging in social tasks out in the real world. It is a graduated approach with much better outcomes.
WHAT SETS US APART?
What sets WEmerge Systems apart is that we are not only equipping your teen, but we are also equipping you as their parent – you will be prepared for how to reinforce and support your teen in this process while activating your role as a parent in new ways.
We do this through monthly group coaching sessions, together with all parents of teens currently enrolled in the program. There is a total of 3, 45-minute Zoom group coaching calls for parents. This is a requirement of the program.
This program is a system like any other and it requires all parts to work together to sustain positive change. We all have a role to play; you have your part, your teen has their part and we have ours – we are a three-legged stool. We’re creating the solid structure of a healthy functioning system where social anxiety is no longer controlling how your teen shows up in life.
What We Work Toward
- Teens will experience the tools, education and practice to help them develop balanced thoughts and feelings about self and others.
- Target areas include: How to start, maintain and join a conversation, express an opinion, order in a restaurant, call a business, ask for help, respond to perceived critique, attend social events, to name a few. Practice areas can be customized to individual needs.
- Your family system will be equipped with the skills and understanding to sustain positive change.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Pre-program consultation (parents) and individual session (teen) with Kyle
- First Virtual Parent Group Coaching
- Teen Group Sessions 1-4
- Second Virtual Parent Group Coaching
- Teen Group Sessions 5-6
- Mid-point individual session (teen) with Kyle
- Teen Group Session 7-8
- Final Virtual Parent Group Coaching
- Teen Group Sessions 9-12
- Post-program individual session (teen/parents) with Kyle
COMMITMENT FOR TEENS
- 40 hours total; about 3 hours/week, which includes:
- 12, 2-hour weekly sessions
- 1 hour of homework/practice each week
- 3 individual sessions to track progress
click image to enlarge
We’ve created this innovative approach to treating social anxiety in response to a growing need, highlighted by a pandemic and social isolation, and we’re committed to offering a quality program that will support our community.
Our program provides over 30 hours of professional therapy and support for you and your teen, enhanced by a customized curriculum. Your investment includes:
- 12, 2-hour sessions, a total of 24 hours, of group therapy for your teen + Program Guidebook
- 3 individual therapy sessions for your teen
- 3 virtual group coaching sessions for parents + Parent Guide to support teen’s progress
- 2 individual parent consulting sessions with Kyle to review goals and assist with progress
- Pre and post assessments for your teen; these are validated diagnostic tools used to assess Social Anxiety using peer-reviewed and established best practices
- Support available throughout the program and in-between sessions
- Limited enrollment to provide a highly individualized, quality experience
We invite you to take advantage of our launch pricing of $945, or three payments of $315*. We’re offering this special pricing once for our September program.
We look forward to being a partner in progress for your family, and our community. Thank you!
Weeks 1-4: Focus on education and foundation-building; how anxiety works and the 3 components that drive our experience: cognitive, physical and behavioral
Weeks 5-8: Build from in-session experiences to “real-world” experiences that challenge long-held beliefs and build confidence, give and receive feedback
Weeks 9-12: Reframe experiences, integrate new tools to adapt thinking, regulate emotions, increase flexibility and resilience, practice new communication skills
- In-session activities gradually become more challenging, preparing teens to take more risks outside of session – we call these activities “merging,” and they enable teens to experience real-world application of key concepts
- Highly individualized experience with a small group of 4-6 teens selected for program fit
- Comradery and confidence are built with a tribe of peers facing common challenges, together
- A wide variety of creative resources explored inside and outside of session; books, Ted Talks, music, articles and other blended learning tools to engage and retain learning
- Family systems coaching, parents explore new ways to support teen’s developing skills at home
- Teens explore and share their experience with merging inside and outside of sessions
Marriage Family Therapist, MS, LMFT
I’m a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in private practice in Maple Valley, Washington with more than 20 years of experience. My systemic perspective in treating individuals, couples and families has guided my practice and inspires my commitment to the innovation of treatment for my clients.
That journey started in 1998 when I worked as a Residential Counselor, helping adolescents with court ordered treatment for drug and alcohol addictions. This experience, although extremely difficult, inspired me to start graduate school to become a psychotherapist.
I’ve worked in a variety of therapeutic environments including University Student Counseling Centers and medically supervised Health and Wellness Programs. In 2012, I opened my private practice providing individual therapy as well as couple, family and group sessions. I’ve enjoyed contributing to organizations dedicated to our local psychotherapy profession, most recently serving on the Board of Directors for Family Systems Therapists Northwest.
Through my multi-disciplinary approach, I bring a unique combination of collaboration, honest feedback and clear guidance to facilitate the change needed to reach treatment goals. I always start from a foundation of care and respect as it’s an honor to be entrusted with the issues and concerns in my client’s lives.
These unprecedented times call for a holistic approach to managing our mental health. Now is the time to equip individuals and families with the skills necessary to nurture resilience and strengthen our ability to connect in authentic ways. I consider it a privilege to do the work we do, together. Please reach out for more information or with questions about what our work together may look like.
Learning Architect and Coach, PCC
As the co-founder of WEmerge Systems, I’m excited to be a catalyst for change in how we foster the wellbeing of individuals, families and our community. My professional background is in leadership coaching, talent strategy and organization development (“OD” for short). I guide individuals, teams and groups to develop awareness and connect the dots for desired change, with a passion for creating environments where positive character and virtues can be lived.
After completing my BA in English and teaching internationally, I found my passion in studying human behavior to support the flourishing of people and organizations and their ability to be more effective and engaged. I bring more than 15 years of coaching, facilitating and human resources experience resulting in several senior leadership roles in a variety of organizations including non-profit, small to mid-size businesses and numerous Fortune 500 consulting clients. I’m certified in leadership and transition coaching by the prestigious Hudson Institute and maintain a Professional Coach Certification from the International Coach Federation after completing 1,000+ hours of coaching.
In addition to co-creating our experiential WEmerge Systems curriculum, I lead monthly group coaching sessions with parents of teens enrolled in our group programs and provide professional coaching to individuals managing transition. Through emotional intelligence, positive psychology, appreciative inquiry and a naturally empathetic approach, I bring a unique combination of being able to think like a leader, a coach, a parent, an educator and above all, a partner in sustaining positive change that leads to a more authentic life.
Please reach out for more information or with questions about what our work together may look like.